- Always a fan of @ and have mentioned his previous "No supplements" tweet a few times. Now a bigger fan:
- Dugast sidewall wasn't happy after yesterday's wet apparently. Had some lap times that'd put me in the lead lap, but not enough of them.
- Lapped. Pulled. I'm guessing 55th? Not my best work. Thanks for the cheers. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Jeremy Powers warms up only slightly slower than I race. Ask him about how I wiped out behind him too.
- Huge field for Elite Men (89!) (and women, 48) for the Smartwool Cup! Race predictor has me in 44th. Lead lap will be a challenge.
Blog Post Calendar
- USGP Day1: 100TSS, 1000kJ, 38' Race: 316NP - USGP Day2: 120TSS, 1200kJ, 52' Race: 321NP.
- Yesterday: Off. Today: 20 minute commute with a few efforts. Excited for the big race this weekend.
- CX practice: 2 hrs w/ 35 min at race pace: 148w avg, 241 NP, 1100kJ, 110 TSS. Good legs: TSB 4.9, CTL 63. TSB 13.1 for Saturday's race.
- Failed workout 4x4' @ 380w: 1st @ 370w, but max HR only 159 (LTHR=164), 2nd started at lower power and HR, higher RPE -> Called it off.
- 2 days off.
- I promise to get my stupid garmin to record data... None from today's race. Est TSS 125, 1h:30m - Hard, week, Low temp, high alt, low HR.
- Easy Ride: 1h20m, 40 TSS. 16.5 mph.
- Today: Sweet Spot climbing, but felt good and did some Z4. 20' @ 300w, 25' @ 340w. 4h, 1600 kJ, 245 NP, 200 TSS.
- Wed: This page intentionally left blank. 110 TSS, 2 hours, 1150 kJ.
- Tuesday: Tabata intervals on Trainer: 20s @ 450-500w, 10s off. 3 sets of 7 reps. 50TSS, 400 kJ.
Tag Archives: xilinx
Now that I’ve got a few races under my belt with power data, I wanted to take some time to go over what I’ve learned and how useful I think it is. Some of the analysis is for power data … Continue reading
Many local cyclocross venues come and go over the years. It can be hard to maintain positive relations when hundreds of shaved legged cyclists invade a public space and ride all over the landscaping, I suppose. The Xilinx race has … Continue reading
Last year’s cyclocross training regime was simple: Race Saturday and Sunday, and ride Wednesday Worlds as my only workout. Believe it or not, with 18 races and only about 9 workouts, I was able to eke out my best season … Continue reading
Today may have been the first mudbath of the season, but there was mostly only light rain yesterday and this morning was partly cloudy, leaving the course tacky and bumpy with a single small mud hole in the process of … Continue reading
The Xilinx venue is one of my favorites. Often the race is organized by Boulder Racing, one of my favorite promoters. Today was no exception and presented a great course, expo area, sound system, and Belgian waffles. My only knock …