- Always a fan of @ and have mentioned his previous "No supplements" tweet a few times. Now a bigger fan:
- Dugast sidewall wasn't happy after yesterday's wet apparently. Had some lap times that'd put me in the lead lap, but not enough of them.
- Lapped. Pulled. I'm guessing 55th? Not my best work. Thanks for the cheers. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Jeremy Powers warms up only slightly slower than I race. Ask him about how I wiped out behind him too.
- Huge field for Elite Men (89!) (and women, 48) for the Smartwool Cup! Race predictor has me in 44th. Lead lap will be a challenge.
Blog Post Calendar
- USGP Day1: 100TSS, 1000kJ, 38' Race: 316NP - USGP Day2: 120TSS, 1200kJ, 52' Race: 321NP.
- Yesterday: Off. Today: 20 minute commute with a few efforts. Excited for the big race this weekend.
- CX practice: 2 hrs w/ 35 min at race pace: 148w avg, 241 NP, 1100kJ, 110 TSS. Good legs: TSB 4.9, CTL 63. TSB 13.1 for Saturday's race.
- Failed workout 4x4' @ 380w: 1st @ 370w, but max HR only 159 (LTHR=164), 2nd started at lower power and HR, higher RPE -> Called it off.
- 2 days off.
- I promise to get my stupid garmin to record data... None from today's race. Est TSS 125, 1h:30m - Hard, week, Low temp, high alt, low HR.
- Easy Ride: 1h20m, 40 TSS. 16.5 mph.
- Today: Sweet Spot climbing, but felt good and did some Z4. 20' @ 300w, 25' @ 340w. 4h, 1600 kJ, 245 NP, 200 TSS.
- Wed: This page intentionally left blank. 110 TSS, 2 hours, 1150 kJ.
- Tuesday: Tabata intervals on Trainer: 20s @ 450-500w, 10s off. 3 sets of 7 reps. 50TSS, 400 kJ.
Tag Archives: usgp
I have to say I had a very disappointing weekend. I’m feeling rather apathetic about writing it up, and I don’t want to be giving excuses. I’ll be somewhat brief here and summarize my thoughts on the weekend. Day 1 … Continue reading
The US Grand Prix of Cyclocross is the de-facto national championship series. It is the most important series on the calendar. All the races are UCI (International) ranked, and each weekend has one C1 ranked race. The only ranking a … Continue reading
It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt. I’m sure you’ve heard the outcome, but I’ll continue the report as usual… I had a lot of rest last week so I expected the first race to open up the … Continue reading
The weather was forecast to be bad for this race. I was expecting it to be muddy, but was surprised to see it was worse than last year. One the drive up, I could hardly see anything, nor stay on the … Continue reading
In past years, ‘cross season has been more of an after thought than anything else, but that is where I have always found my best results. My arguments in the past have been a decreased depth of talent, and simply … Continue reading
The best way to create a training plan for a season is to plan out what the priority races are. This way, preparation can be tailored to the type of races, and when they fall on the calendar. But first, … Continue reading
Last year’s cyclocross training regime was simple: Race Saturday and Sunday, and ride Wednesday Worlds as my only workout. Believe it or not, with 18 races and only about 9 workouts, I was able to eke out my best season … Continue reading
Saturday – Men Cat 2/3 If you follow my twitter, you know that I work Friday nights until 3am. This is not usually a problem, since my races are usually nearby, and usually start around noon or later. There are … Continue reading
I never got around to writing a race report from Sunday’s Castle Cross, but: The venue was OK, the course was really fun, the weather was variable (from nice to cold + windy) and I raced well finishing 6th again. …