- I overdressed and had a nice recovery ride today. No clouds, light traffic and no wind. Might do the group ride tomorrow...
- I actually worked out enough this week that I was fatigued on today's ride. Day off tomorrow = happy family.
- Hey @, My 2 year old QWEST service (7 mbit) is going to cost 30% MORE after your buyout? Haven't you heard of Moore's law?
- On my 1hr ride today I saw @, @, @, @, My best friend's dad...
- I have mixed feeling on the end of the ACA as we've known it. Has been a great organization. I'm also excited for next year.
Blog Post Calendar
Tag Archives: recovery
Okay folks, I know you probably come here for stories and analysis by an elite racer. Going a week without any posts (longest drought ever?) and coming back to find another injury update may not be what you’re looking for. … Continue reading
Today is three full weeks after my ORIF procedure, and a month since fracture. I have been taking a conservative approach since I’m not intending to return to race form for four more months. I told the doctor that I … Continue reading
You’ve probably heard of PROs using a ‘Bone Stim’. They’re not available to everyone, but I was lucky enough to have a family friend that had a pesky foot bone that wouldn’t heal. Without even asking, they were nice enough … Continue reading
I saw my surgeon today for my one week followup after surgery. I’ve been feeling much better and have been off all meds for the past two days. I started to feel like my sling was unnecessary if I was … Continue reading
I received a question on gauging recovery status from heart rate and power. I have almost two years worth of power and heart rate data, so I thought I would detail my experiences. Keep in mind every rider is different, … Continue reading
One thing I didn’t mention about the previous day’s Hugo Road Race was my recovery status. It was poor. I’m not exactly sure why, since I only did two hard rides the week prior and both were under two hours. … Continue reading
I’ve mentioned supplements a few months ago (I don’t use them), but I do believe in recovery drinks after hard workouts and races. After a multi-hour workout your body is sensitive to carbohydrates and will put them back where they … Continue reading
You may have noticed it is Thursday… I’ve been a bit busy. It took me longer than I expected to recover from the Dead Dog Stage Race. I’ve found since I’ve really increased the amount of racing/training that I do …
Traditionally for cyclists, Mondays are reserved for a rest and recovery day. With my schedule at work, I can ride seven days a week so I will usually do recovery rides. Recovery rides are slow. Very slow. Most coaches recommend …