- Had to replace the AFA Race with a workout: Insane wind, snow, rain, cold, climbs... I thought I might not make it home due to the bonk.
- Looks like keeping an eye on @ and @ are good bets for weather info for the AFA race tomorrow.
- Crazy as it is, I've posted today's race report from the Federal Center before race day is even over!
- In the break for an hour at the Federal Center. 3rd guy in the move flatted, and we were caught in the final corner.
- I just mindlessly put the baby's whole milk on my cereal. There goes race day... I'll be climbing like a Cat 3 track sprinter!
Blog Post Calendar
Tag Archives: Pro/1/2
After a couple disappointing outings in my first two races of the year, my wife and I had a long chat about strategy. I sometimes joke she is my ‘coach’, especially when she tells me what to do and I … Continue reading
This blog frequently features tips for racers and cyclists that are inspired by my racing and training. I am a cerebral person and tend to focus on facts, figures, and race reports. I’m also an optimist and I think that … Continue reading
I was very excited for this incredible road race. I’ve raced parts of the course, with a hilltop finish at the Rist Canyon Hill Climb, but the full loop race is spectacular. I hope they can pull this race off …
I am going to try my best to explain how the international governing bodies of cycling have conspired to impact my racing. First you’ll need some background on the governance of the sport. IOC: The International Olympic Committee is an … Continue reading
This is a longer race report but I had a great result and have some tactical points to discuss. I hope you find it interesting, and again, thanks for reading! City Park Criterium is a classic race with a lot … Continue reading
At the beginning of this year I was coming off a successful season, upgrading to Cat 3 on the road, and Cat 2 for Cyclocross. I had a long way to go, with an antiquated 19.5 lb bike, no road …