- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Tag Archives: masters
Even though I’m in the middle of my pre-cyclocross break (I didn’t ride for 5 days straight leading up to this race), I just couldn’t stay away from this race. There is a severe shortage of true road races on …
Ok folks, I know I’ve gotten you all riled up now. In fact, whipped into a lather may be a more accurate a description. Anyway, I know there were some issues with my data and analysis from the last set, … Continue reading
Update 10/19/11 12:26PM: Post updated to reflect combined 35+ Open and 35+ Cat 3 times. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, cyclocross has unique needs for categorization. Compared to road racing, with the minimal presence of team tactics and less … Continue reading
The Morgul Bismarck may now be called the Morgul Road Race due to some overzealous trademark issues, but that doesn’t make the course any less famous. First of all, it is a racecourse with its own Wikipedia Page. Secondly it …
Between working a different schedule, constant rain, and family obligations I was only able to ride for two hours last week. I have the baby all day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so I usually don’t ride much on those … Continue reading
I took a week off after Gila. For me, this was a travel day Monday, and completely off the bike Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I rode for one hour, Saturday two hours, and that was it. If I had …