- Find yourself lining up with only a teammate or two? Here are a few strategies you can use:
- I got my revenge for my failed workout on Monday!
- If anyone is racing on clinchers this season and hasn't bought race tires, this is a good local deal:
- My first workout on the TT bike in a month after my first 48. Didn't go well - Not recovered. Luckily there is always tomorrow.
- Got a new work schedule. I've been off for 4 days and just finished a 4 day block (10 hrs). Can I recover during my 48h shift? I hope so...
Blog Post Calendar
Tag Archives: Hill Climb
With my new schedule at work, I’ll be missing the Lookout Mountain Hillclimb Time Trial this Saturday. The climb was used in the USA Pro Cycling Challenge’s final stage last year, and also features in two local races, a hill … Continue reading
I’ve been getting really lucky at work the last few weeks. I work until 3am every Friday night, and also work every-other Saturday. Some Saturday races are pretty tough for me, and the 8:10 am start of the Mike Horgan … Continue reading
This post is a semi-spoof of cyclingnews’ Pro Bike features. If you’ve been reading cyclingnews for a while, you have a pretty good feel of what to expect from one of these pieces. They are mostly sponsor fluff, but generally … Continue reading
A second place finish. Possibly 4 upgrade points but will have to wait on official results. This was the second race this year I have done on three hours sleep between 12 hour shifts at work. I decided to do …
As described above in the links about myself and the blog, I have not always been a fast Cat 3 racer. In fact, I only got back into the swing of things last season. Prior to that I had not … Continue reading
Another 3rd place finish! Still looking to climb a bit higher on the podium, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. No upgrade points for this hillclimb. It really is nice to ride from your house to a race. … Continue reading
This week I am taking it a bit easier. I put in a good ride day before yesterday (70 miles, 3.5 hours, a few hard efforts, TSS=206), but will only ride a little bit for the rest of this week. … Continue reading