- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Tag Archives: equipment
I’m lucky enough to live in a city that has a Dugast distributor, so for the past few seasons the nearly mythical tires have been simply hanging on a hook waiting for someone to buy them. Last year I decided … Continue reading
I was a bit torn on whether to use my almost new 2012 SRAM Red Quarq power meter for cyclocross this season. Firstly, the chainrings with the hidden bolt that threads through to the crank aren’t used on the Red … Continue reading
My big goal for the season so far was the Colorado State Time Trial Championship. Although the race was two weeks ago, I finally got time to take some photos and do a profile my bike. I couldn’t be happier … Continue reading
There is a short amount of time between the criterium and the afternoon Trihydro Time Trial. Most racers will have about an hour prior to their TT start which is 15 minues away. I took 15 minutes to drive my … Continue reading
Its been a while since I posted a personal update, and I wanted to let everyone know what I’ve been up to lately. I’m starting to settle into my new work schedule, and now that the students have gone home …
This post is a semi-spoof of cyclingnews’ Pro Bike features. If you’ve been reading cyclingnews for a while, you have a pretty good feel of what to expect from one of these pieces. They are mostly sponsor fluff, but generally … Continue reading
The bike. Something to be obsessed over. It is what makes the sport unique. A machine that can take you places you couldn’t imagine, and up to speeds that make your eyes water and ears beg for mercy from the … Continue reading
One of my goals I mentioned earlier was to build a time trial bike I could ride regularly, to accustom myself to the position and improve my performance in races. Obviously, a purpose built time trial bike would be ideal. … Continue reading
If you study every picture in my blog carefully, and have attention to detail, you may have noticed that my road wheels are unmatched. It has been said, the art of looking PRO is to be Casually Deliberate. To paraphrase: … Continue reading