- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Tag Archives: cat 2
All sports have categories of competition. Take the NFL for example, there are the “Pros” (NFL Players), and a few ‘minor leagues’, like College Football and Arena Football. Cycling is no different, with stratification of pro teams and amateur license … Continue reading
This is the second of a two part post detailing some year over year differences that I believe allowed my to progress to the highest level of amateur racing in 2011. Here is the link to Part 1 if you … Continue reading
I took a week off after Gila. For me, this was a travel day Monday, and completely off the bike Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I rode for one hour, Saturday two hours, and that was it. If I had … Continue reading
Race Strategy: My strategy is based around the following principles: Many riders in the field will not know each other. There will be very little organized team tactics due to the low numbers of organized teams. This combined with the … Continue reading
I thought I wouldn’t have much to say about this one, as it is only a TT race report. Once I got going I found quite a few tidbits so I hope you find it interesting or helpful. Today, as … Continue reading
Note: I’ll have a couple pictures up in an hour or so. Like the last post, and for the rest of the race we’re working off camera phones, or pictures from my mom who is busy feeding. I usually try … Continue reading
Stage 1: Mogollon Road Race 94.1 miles (profile) – This stage is mostly flat or rolling until the Mogollon climb at 89.0 miles. The six mile climb from that point averages 4.8%. The climb comes in two pitches. The first …
I didn’t get an update posted on Wednesday, so here is what I’m up to: Tour of the Gila!! The race starts Wednesday next week. I’ve spent this weekend so far getting myself, and my household organized and ready. I … Continue reading
My training was like clockwork for the first two months, but I had a few hiccups in the past month. I rode too much the first week and had to take an unplanned rest week. Last week racing got in …
Things are starting to fall into place. I don’t have complete details yet, but I have been looking into some specifics required to make the transition to Cat 2. This weekend I talked Angi into going to Carbondale for a …