- Had to replace the AFA Race with a workout: Insane wind, snow, rain, cold, climbs... I thought I might not make it home due to the bonk.
- Looks like keeping an eye on @ and @ are good bets for weather info for the AFA race tomorrow.
- Crazy as it is, I've posted today's race report from the Federal Center before race day is even over!
- In the break for an hour at the Federal Center. 3rd guy in the move flatted, and we were caught in the final corner.
- I just mindlessly put the baby's whole milk on my cereal. There goes race day... I'll be climbing like a Cat 3 track sprinter!
Blog Post Calendar
Tag Archives: breakaway
After a couple disappointing outings in my first two races of the year, my wife and I had a long chat about strategy. I sometimes joke she is my ‘coach’, especially when she tells me what to do and I … Continue reading
Last weekend, I knew I was fatigued from high training load for my first race of the season at the Louisville Crit. My result there was neutral; not good, but not bad. After last season, where I was positively surprised … Continue reading
With winter in full force, I thought I’d put up a quick race strategy post. I hope this will give the racers out there a little extra motivation when out training, and possibly spend some time on the road visualizing … Continue reading
Bannock is one of the three big Colorado Criteriums. It is a classic downtown crit with a figure eight course featuring two long straights and a small hill. It is fast enough to be semi-technical but overall is the least … Continue reading
After a sudden loss of venue for the scheduled State Championship Road Race, it was moved to the Salida Classic. I’ve never made it down for the event, and I’m sure many others were in the same position, seeing the … Continue reading
The Vic’s Prospect Crit is a race I’ve been wanting to do for some time. I had heard the course is super-technical and that turned out to be mostly correct. The course was about half a mile in length with … Continue reading
This is the biggest race of the year in Boulder. It has a lot of history and is an incredibly selective course. If the race didn’t have the history behind it, I think people would question the sanity of the … Continue reading
One of my best races ever was this spring’s DU Criterium, which is on the same course at Denver’s City Park. The race has been going for many years and is a Denver classic. The course is technical with three … Continue reading
I enjoyed the Summit Criterium course last year and was happy to see it again. The course features five corners. The first left hand corner is after the significant hill on the home straight, so it is taken at a …
I’ll keep this post brief, as I only have a few tips and need to get my rest with only about 15 hours between the finish of the crit and the 102.5 mile Gila Monster stage tomorrow. The stage starts …