- Always a fan of @ and have mentioned his previous "No supplements" tweet a few times. Now a bigger fan:
- Dugast sidewall wasn't happy after yesterday's wet apparently. Had some lap times that'd put me in the lead lap, but not enough of them.
- Lapped. Pulled. I'm guessing 55th? Not my best work. Thanks for the cheers. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Jeremy Powers warms up only slightly slower than I race. Ask him about how I wiped out behind him too.
- Huge field for Elite Men (89!) (and women, 48) for the Smartwool Cup! Race predictor has me in 44th. Lead lap will be a challenge.
Blog Post Calendar
- USGP Day1: 100TSS, 1000kJ, 38' Race: 316NP - USGP Day2: 120TSS, 1200kJ, 52' Race: 321NP.
- Yesterday: Off. Today: 20 minute commute with a few efforts. Excited for the big race this weekend.
- CX practice: 2 hrs w/ 35 min at race pace: 148w avg, 241 NP, 1100kJ, 110 TSS. Good legs: TSB 4.9, CTL 63. TSB 13.1 for Saturday's race.
- Failed workout 4x4' @ 380w: 1st @ 370w, but max HR only 159 (LTHR=164), 2nd started at lower power and HR, higher RPE -> Called it off.
- 2 days off.
- I promise to get my stupid garmin to record data... None from today's race. Est TSS 125, 1h:30m - Hard, week, Low temp, high alt, low HR.
- Easy Ride: 1h20m, 40 TSS. 16.5 mph.
- Today: Sweet Spot climbing, but felt good and did some Z4. 20' @ 300w, 25' @ 340w. 4h, 1600 kJ, 245 NP, 200 TSS.
- Wed: This page intentionally left blank. 110 TSS, 2 hours, 1150 kJ.
- Tuesday: Tabata intervals on Trainer: 20s @ 450-500w, 10s off. 3 sets of 7 reps. 50TSS, 400 kJ.
Tag Archives: boulder racing
Now that I’ve got a few races under my belt with power data, I wanted to take some time to go over what I’ve learned and how useful I think it is. Some of the analysis is for power data … Continue reading
Many local cyclocross venues come and go over the years. It can be hard to maintain positive relations when hundreds of shaved legged cyclists invade a public space and ride all over the landscaping, I suppose. The Xilinx race has … Continue reading
I was very excited for the first race at the new bike park! It is literally right across the street from my house. It was fantastic to be able to simply ride across the street to register for the race. … Continue reading
OUCH! One of my favorite cycling quotes perfectly describes this race: “Sometimes you are the hammer, and sometimes you are the nail”. The Louisville Criterium is a good season opener. The course is relatively safe, the pavement is in decent …
I have been acting like it is the off season. And it is. But, I can’t get enough of racing! I know my wife is about to throttle me after all this racing, but I’ve been riding the wave of … Continue reading
Another Boulder Racing event with a tremendous turnout. I’d say about 60 racers toed the line for the Open Men’s race. The course, as yesterday’s, was on the short side with lap times just over 5 minutes. This combined with …
Another annual favorite Boulder Racing venue. Whats not to love about tearing up the immaculately manicured turf at the Interlocken office park? (Author’s note: I was thinking about linking to the office park website in the above sentence, so I … Continue reading