- Not racing tomorrow. The knee is doing a lot better but I had a chance to make some extra cash and work tomorrow instead.
- Group ride did it's job today. 24 mph average for 70 miles. Rode at the front until I bonked so hard I wasn't sure I could make it home...
- Daylight savings is this weekend. I use that as the date I have to start wearing sunscreen. Weak sun = No need during Colorado winters.
- Despite drinking 32oz water per hour on the trainer, it seems to take about a day to rehydrate! I can hardly do back-to-back rides.
- WOW! @ Pro FTW! 2 weeks of mediocre to poor rides... First time out with my knee taped -> pain free for 27 miles!
Blog Post Calendar
Tag Archives: bike racing
I mentioned in my last post that I’ve come down with knee pain. It seemed to start on my last training ride in January, when I noticed an ache/burning under my right kneecap. I specifically recall feeling it while climbing … Continue reading
If you have a good memory, you’ll recall that I wrote in detail about some of the local issues with race sanctioning and how it related to my racing. There is a big vote by local teams and promoters on … Continue reading
I will spare you a few details of why, but the start line for the Mead Roubaix looked a bit different than usual. The Boulder Roubaix (this year held in Mead), is usually one of the bigger races of the … Continue reading
The bike. Something to be obsessed over. It is what makes the sport unique. A machine that can take you places you couldn’t imagine, and up to speeds that make your eyes water and ears beg for mercy from the …
2 Upgrade Points! I will update this post tomorrow with a proper race report. For now, you’ll have to savor the picture of me in the Leader’s Jersey, and a video of the Cat 3 peloton.