- Always a fan of @ and have mentioned his previous "No supplements" tweet a few times. Now a bigger fan:
- Dugast sidewall wasn't happy after yesterday's wet apparently. Had some lap times that'd put me in the lead lap, but not enough of them.
- Lapped. Pulled. I'm guessing 55th? Not my best work. Thanks for the cheers. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Jeremy Powers warms up only slightly slower than I race. Ask him about how I wiped out behind him too.
- Huge field for Elite Men (89!) (and women, 48) for the Smartwool Cup! Race predictor has me in 44th. Lead lap will be a challenge.
Blog Post Calendar
- USGP Day1: 100TSS, 1000kJ, 38' Race: 316NP - USGP Day2: 120TSS, 1200kJ, 52' Race: 321NP.
- Yesterday: Off. Today: 20 minute commute with a few efforts. Excited for the big race this weekend.
- CX practice: 2 hrs w/ 35 min at race pace: 148w avg, 241 NP, 1100kJ, 110 TSS. Good legs: TSB 4.9, CTL 63. TSB 13.1 for Saturday's race.
- Failed workout 4x4' @ 380w: 1st @ 370w, but max HR only 159 (LTHR=164), 2nd started at lower power and HR, higher RPE -> Called it off.
- 2 days off.
- I promise to get my stupid garmin to record data... None from today's race. Est TSS 125, 1h:30m - Hard, week, Low temp, high alt, low HR.
- Easy Ride: 1h20m, 40 TSS. 16.5 mph.
- Today: Sweet Spot climbing, but felt good and did some Z4. 20' @ 300w, 25' @ 340w. 4h, 1600 kJ, 245 NP, 200 TSS.
- Wed: This page intentionally left blank. 110 TSS, 2 hours, 1150 kJ.
- Tuesday: Tabata intervals on Trainer: 20s @ 450-500w, 10s off. 3 sets of 7 reps. 50TSS, 400 kJ.
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Now that I’ve got a few races under my belt with power data, I wanted to take some time to go over what I’ve learned and how useful I think it is. Some of the analysis is for power data … Continue reading
I arrived on the day of the race with plenty of time to spare. Overall I was well prepared with the exception of only having time to shave one leg, as I was interrupted during my morning shower by an … Continue reading
Note: I wanted to write the post before the race but I was just too busy working four of the six days before the race. I’m writing this after the race and will write part 2 later in the week. … Continue reading
Yesterday I raced my first cyclocross race of the season. The field was pretty good sized for a weeknight race in the mud, with some tough competition from Tim Allen. We fought it out for the first two laps of … Continue reading
I’ll start my in-depth cyclocross series with what is the most important, and often mis-understood, aspect of cyclocross equipment: where the rubber meets the road. Many racers are familiar with either road or mountain bike equipment, but starting from either …
I’ve heard cyclocross referred to as “a cult within a cult”, a reference to the fact that cycling isn’t quite a mainstream sport (in the US), and that cyclocross is even more obscure. However, the sport has been growing steadily … Continue reading