- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Monthly Archives: August 2012
If you haven’t had the chance to watch a top level pro stage race, DO IT! I’m a huge fan of watching racing on TV (or the internet), but seeing the race in person is an entirely different experience. Road … Continue reading
With the big race coming to Boulder this Saturday, I’ve been asked by a lot of folks that know I’m a bike racer (but not much else) if I’m racing in the USA Pro Challenge. Obviously I’m not, but could … Continue reading
Even though I’m in the middle of my pre-cyclocross break (I didn’t ride for 5 days straight leading up to this race), I just couldn’t stay away from this race. There is a severe shortage of true road races on … Continue reading
I absolutely love this race! It is my hometown favorite and has a lot to offer. The historic course suits me very well. It is very technical, running down an alley on the back side of the park. The entrance … Continue reading
This race is a bit of a sleeper on the calendar. This year it was up against the Leadville 100 and Steamboat Singer mountain bike races, and was followed by one of the highest profile local criteriums the next day. … Continue reading
I’ve posted about doping a few times on the blog in the past, covering everything from “The Lance Issue” to a few local doping busts. The Olympics have brought the subject of cheating (ranging from doping, intentionally crashing, extra dolphin … Continue reading
One of my teammates described this race well as we chatted before the start: “At Bannock, people are desparate.” The prize money is big and the season is coming to a close. Many riders see this as one of their … Continue reading