- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Monthly Archives: July 2012
These wheels have been my race wheels for over a year and half. They’ve served two seasons on the road, and one for cyclocross. I wanted to give not only a specific review of the wheels, but also a more … Continue reading
As I mentioned in my previous post, I’m taking a few weekends off from racing. Although I’ll be out of town so I can’t race, the time off from racing should be beneficial for me. Racing is a good way … Continue reading
Believe it or not, I haven’t officially put the blog on ‘vacation’ in the 2+ years I’ve been writing. Tomorrow I’m leaving on a road trip, followed by a plane trip the next week. I probably won’t be posting until … Continue reading
I thought I knew what to expect when I arrived for the Longmont Criterium, as I last raced it in 2010. Apparently there is a new course which has been used the last two years. I did a quick lap … Continue reading
Last weekend was one of my most successful of this season. If you take a look at my season’s results, it is clear that I’m finally coming on form. As I expected, racing a lot the last month has really … Continue reading
As I rolled up to the race to pick up my number, clouds were brewing overhead. I’m known for my constant optimism, and I make no exception when it comes to weather forecasting. I checked the radar as I left … Continue reading
I’ve had less time training this season, and one of the differences I’ve noticed is that I’m not quite as good the second day as I have been in the past. Racing the day before wasn’t the only reason this … Continue reading