- I just looked at my Garmin data: Trihydro TT time would have been 23:40 despite riding my road bike and no warm up.
- Technical difficulties. Missed my start time by a lot. Finished though.
- Felt SO good. Solo the last 5 laps. Arms in the air. Crowd cheering. Wife and baby on hand too. Thanks to everyone for their support.
- I WON the Pro/1/2 Criterium at the Dead Dog Classic Stage Race in Laramie, WY!!!
- Huge thanks to @ for getting me a replacement Vision Tech aerobar clamp plate replacement in just a few days!
Blog Post Calendar
- Yesterday: Hard 50 minute Criterium and harder 25 minute TT. 347NP for the crit. 142 TSS for the day. Today: Rest day!
- HARD 84 mi RR. 7,000 ft vertical. Dropped on 30' climb @ 4.3 w/kg (310w), I expect to do 4.6 (330w). Bonked after only 2h:25m + 2,000 kJ.
- Rest day. I'm on the simple race season training plan 'til mid July: either racing or resting.
- Weeknight Training Race: 45m, 321 avg watts, 350w NP. 2012 10 minute power record: 363w. 42 mi and 2h:10m total. 150 TSS, 1500 kJ.
- Two rest days after two days racing over the weekend. Spent an easy hour or two on the bike running errands today.
- 10.8 mile hill climb from 8500 - 11475 feet. 312W (4.27/kg), 12.5 mph, 51m:47s. Sign of fatigue from yesterday: avg HR 10 bpm lower. 8th pl.
- 40k TT: 51m:17s, 322w avg, 327NP, 29.1 mph, 990 kJ, 530' total elevation gain, avg HR 163 (Threshold power: 330, HR: 164)
- Tuneup ride / shakedown yesterday. I don't usually do these, but I've had very low training load and needed to check equipment too.
- Another rest day at work.
- Wasn't quite ready for a super-hard ride after only 1 day off. Still did 30' threshold and 2hrs on the TT bike. 20.5 mph, 1500kJ, 247NP.
Monthly Archives: May 2012
After a few of my recent mediocre race results, I was reminded of the benefits of using a conservative strategy for road racing. Looking at the results of the Morgul Bismark Road Race, it was apparent that almost all the …
This is one of the best races on the calendar. It features a historic 13.5 mile loop which was used back in the days of the Coors Classic, the largest American stage race in the 80′s. The defining feature of … Continue reading
This is one of my favorite criterium courses of the season. It is a hard race with a solid hill, lots of turns, and a high speed corner. I’ve got a good history here, winning the Cat 3 race in …
There isn’t much to say about the TT since I already posted a preview, so I’ll be brief. I rode out to the race and was buffeted by wind and light rain. There was a afternoon storm cell rolling through, …
I’ve gotten a few questions about the Morgul TT coming up this Friday and since I was just out to preview the course myself, I’ll post my thoughts here. But first I want to talk about what I’m really excited …
First, I’d like to apologize for the slow week on the blog. Sometimes I write a mid-week post that isn’t fit for publishing. That’s what happened this week. After putting some time in and nothing to show for it, I … Continue reading
Our newly formed break was driving down the eastbound leg of the course. We were working well together to establish our advantage. Our first task was to stay clear of the riders feeling left out in the peloton. Potentially, if … Continue reading
I’ll use the outcome of this race to detail some crosswind strategy beyond “crosswind = attack”. I’ll use the outcome of this race to demonstrate that on an exposed road race course with constant but varying crosswinds, small changes in … Continue reading