- I'll get you next time @!
- Yes! Yes! Yes! Been waiting all season for a ride like today's. Felt like the energizer bunny. Calibrated my PT twice in disbelief.
- Daycare lady says, "Nice day for a ride." I say, "A little cold..." - Now: snowflakes:
- Haven't done laundry in a while. Most of my gear is dirty, but I finally found a complete '09 kit in my 'backup drawer'.
- Big ride on tap today. Gotta pay forty bucks to put the boy in daycare for the ride so I have to make it count.
Blog Post Calendar
Monthly Archives: April 2012
This spring I’ve gotten a new job, and starting about 8 weeks ago, a new schedule at work. It takes me a while to get used to a new schedule and now that I’ve had a full rotation of shifts … Continue reading
The most important factor in time trialing is aerodynamics. At 30 mph, about 90% of a racer’s effort is used to overcome wind resistance! The rider’s body makes the majority of this, at about 70% of the overall drag. Ergo, … Continue reading
One of the things that I try to accomplish with my blog and twitter feed is honesty and transparency. Usually I do a pretty good job of this, but I have to admit that something happened last week that I … Continue reading
Last race’s long breakaway got me thinking about some of the techniques used when riding in a small group. I am also racing a Team Time Trial this weekend where some of these techniques will be applicable. The basic version … Continue reading
After a couple disappointing outings in my first two races of the year, my wife and I had a long chat about strategy. I sometimes joke she is my ‘coach’, especially when she tells me what to do and I … Continue reading
Last weekend, I knew I was fatigued from high training load for my first race of the season at the Louisville Crit. My result there was neutral; not good, but not bad. After last season, where I was positively surprised … Continue reading
I attempted to ride the Boulder Roubaix course yesterday to give everyone a current preview of course conditions, although I was flummoxed by wet weather. I did the race in 2010 (as a Cat 3) and I train on the … Continue reading