- Not racing tomorrow. The knee is doing a lot better but I had a chance to make some extra cash and work tomorrow instead.
- Group ride did it's job today. 24 mph average for 70 miles. Rode at the front until I bonked so hard I wasn't sure I could make it home...
- Daylight savings is this weekend. I use that as the date I have to start wearing sunscreen. Weak sun = No need during Colorado winters.
- Despite drinking 32oz water per hour on the trainer, it seems to take about a day to rehydrate! I can hardly do back-to-back rides.
- WOW! @ Pro FTW! 2 weeks of mediocre to poor rides... First time out with my knee taped -> pain free for 27 miles!
Blog Post Calendar
Monthly Archives: February 2012
The blog has been doing incredibly well so far in 2012. Last season saw a major uptick in hits during the spring, but not until April/May during Tour of the Gila. I’m not sure if the blog will have further … Continue reading
Have you ever noticed that many cyclists are coffee addicts? From the ubiquitous café stop to Tom Danielson’s own TD Coffee, the bond between cycling and coffee is strong. Caffeine is also an ergogenic aid, so the association with cofffee … Continue reading
This was my rest week. Last week I managed 11 hours of quality training. Sunday included my end-of-cycle ‘blowout ride’. For these rides I make sure that I’m reasonably rested so I can ride harder and longer I have so … Continue reading
I received a suggestion for this topic via a comment last week. I figure it is a perfect off-season topic because it has some very superstitious implications for racing. I’ve managed to go three seasons of serious racing with only … Continue reading
In my previous post I answered a question from Rob, a self described struggling Cat 4, in regards to his test data (VO2 Max, FTP, etc) and if he had reached his potential yet. The overall answer was ‘no’, but … Continue reading