- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Monthly Archives: November 2011
This blog frequently features tips for racers and cyclists that are inspired by my racing and training. I am a cerebral person and tend to focus on facts, figures, and race reports. I’m also an optimist and I think that … Continue reading
I received a question from a reader last week and I wanted to answer it here. I think it is a pretty common situation for many cyclists to find themselves in this time of year. As a beginning racer I’m … Continue reading
If you have a good memory, you’ll recall that I wrote in detail about some of the local issues with race sanctioning and how it related to my racing. There is a big vote by local teams and promoters on … Continue reading
Okay folks, I know you probably come here for stories and analysis by an elite racer. Going a week without any posts (longest drought ever?) and coming back to find another injury update may not be what you’re looking for. … Continue reading
Today is three full weeks after my ORIF procedure, and a month since fracture. I have been taking a conservative approach since I’m not intending to return to race form for four more months. I told the doctor that I … Continue reading