- Per BCSO, tacks found on the road at Lee Hill and Olde Stage Road. Be careful out there! Cc @
- First weekend of racing out of the way. Spent most of the time in the break and helped setup @ for a pair of podiums!
- Made it up to Peak to Peak for the first time this season. It went well despite not having a jacket or hat...
- I actually just saw a clif shot on the side of the road and turned around for it.
- Today's 80 mile solo ride was going to be a stretch. Then it turned into 90... With only 4 hours of food.
Blog Post Calendar
- Windy solo endurance ride: 2h:55m, 209w avg, 224NP, 2167kJ, 146TSS. Avg power exactly middle of Z2, based on winter estimated LT of 315w.
- 2h Z2 with 10 x 10 pedal stroke "a-lactic" sprints. Minimal HR drift (2.5%). Totals: 2h:5m, 39.5 mi, 1700kJ, 225w avg, 249NP.
- @ Sorry for the late reply. Only very hard days. About once a week or less.
- Another base ride: 2h, 222NP (208 avg). 1400 kJ. 93 TSS. First ride on the road bike in 3 months!
- I'm Back! First workout of 2013 season. Ouch. Need to reset zones. Bulk of w/o Z2/200w avg / 224NP for 2h:15m. Total: 3h:8m, 2000kJ, 140TSS.
- Yesterday off. Today 3h:30m MTB ride for 'fun'. 5200' vertical in only 33 miles. Dirt was fun though.
- 30 minutes core / strength (body weight only for now) and 15 minutes on the rollers.
- Day off.
- Fun ride on the Cross bike. 4h, 61 miles, 2600 kJ, 175 TSS. 'Easy' at 226 NP and 187 avg. Some 'secret' trails:
- 5k fun run/jog/walk with the whole family and later a 1 hour walk. I think I ate enough to count as a workout, but how to figure TSS...?
Monthly Archives: February 2011
My final reader question post will address two-a-day workouts. Doing two workouts in one day potentially can be more beneficial than one long workout. For cycling, which is an endurance sport, this may be less true than others. Other sports … Continue reading
The title for this followup to my previous post may see similar until you look carefully at the context. If your only goal is to lose weight (think Biggest Loser) than you don’t need to worry too much about overtraining, … Continue reading
Two years ago (January, 2009), I was overweight and unhappy. I’ve been prone to weight gain my whole life and had been up around 200 lbs a few times before, but after a change at work left me at a … Continue reading
I’ve gotten a few questions from a reader I’ll be answering in the next couple posts. I wanted to give some in-depth answers so I’m going to break the questions down into a few topics. I’ve gotten back on the … Continue reading
In reference to my recent post on patience, cycling is a complex sport and takes time to master its many aspects. One of those is bike maintenance. Working on your own bike may seem intimidating at first, but if you …
Sorry folks, I’ve been a bit asleep at the trigger as of late. I think the seven day blog post drought is the longest in the history of the blog! But fear not, I’ll do my best to keep things …
Road racing is all about patience. Everybody wants as much as they can get, as quickly as they can get it. But in cycling, as in life, there are pitfalls to those who over do it or take shortcuts to …
Every city has its group rides. Riders meet up with (usually) common goals and head out at a regular time and place. Some rides are low key; riders show up at the coffee shop at 9am, and decide where to … Continue reading